the website you've always wanted
New or Redesigned Website
- I build websites using the website provider Squarespace. This means the site is created and edited through Squarespace.com, and requires a yearly subscription to one of Squarespace's website plans.
- Squarespace has a simple editing program that allows customers to make changes to their websites without any knowledge of coding.
- Once I build your website, I will offer training to help you edit it yourself. This means you can maintain the basic features of your own site, and you don't need to hire someone every time you want to put up a new picture, add text, or create new pages!
- Custom Map - If your organization has locations around the world, one of my specialties is a custom map through Google or Mapbox. Google examples here, here and here. Mapbox examples here and here.
- MailChimp Set-Up - MailChimp-Squarespace integration helps you build mailing lists, gain blog followers, send newsletters, automated emails, and more.
- Website Graphics - logos, favicons, banner images, and other branding for your website or social media.
- SEO Optimization - Squarespace is good at getting your site to show up in Google and other search engines, but there are ways to maximize your visibility.
on websites and more
When someone says, "I need a new website," that can mean a lot of different things. Think of it like buying a house. Someone looking for the equivalent of a studio apartment is not going to need as complex a website as someone who wants a virtual Buckingham Palace with three blogs, ten galleries, and several dozen custom features.
I won't be able to give you an accurate quote until I get a clear idea of what you really want: what your budget is, what your vision is, and what your time-frame is. Generally, my clients are working with a budget of at least $1,200.
Here's an explanation of how my pricing works:
New or Redesigned Website
- Fixed Project Fee (starting at $1,000): You and I will talk about what you want. I'll make a proposal. If you accept it, the contract will say exactly what I'm going to create (for example, a website with 5-7 pages, 1 blog, no store, etc.) and will state a fixed, one-time fee. Fee includes basic training on how to edit your site.
- Squarespace Subscription ($144-$216 annually): Your new site requires an annual subscription to one of Squarespace's pricing plans. This is not a fee to Inscape; you subscribe to Squarespace in order to maintain and edit your site.
- Custom Google/Mapbox Map - billed per hour
- MailChimp Set-Up - billed per project
- Website Graphics - billed per hour
- Content Writing - billed per hour
- SEO Optimization - billed per project
Frequently Asked Questions
and their answers
How tech-savvy do I have to be to edit my site on Squarespace?
Anyone who can design a PowerPoint presentation or use Microsoft Publisher can likely use the most common features of Squarespace. If you don't have this skill level, we can discuss ongoing website maintenance provided by Inscape.
WHAT IF I WANT MY SITE BUILT ON A DIFFERENT PLATFORM, SUCH AS WORDPRESS?
Inscape and Squarespace are like fish and chips. We go together. I know all the ins and outs of Squarespace, and I'm an expert in utilizing some of its most powerful tools, such as the incredible flexibility of templates in the Brine family, the categorization and integration of content using tag and category summaries, and the best-kept secrets of the Style Editor.
Yes. I work primarily with the template and tools provided by Squarespace. But some customization is possible (and quite fun), so just ask about the elements you want to find out what I can do!
Do YOU DESIGN BRANDING ELEMENTS SUCH AS LOGOS AND OTHER GRAPHICS?
Yes. Graphic design services can be added in to a typical project fee. I sometimes collaborate with graphic designer Hannah Kroll on these projects.